- Use hybrid (PV-T) panels instead of PV panels
- Export the electricity to power the LED lighting and other equipment in the Vertical Farming facility
- Collect and store the thermal energy
- Distribute that thermal energy to the Vertical Farming facility
The diagram below shows how the electricity and thermal energy (in the form of hot water) is used in our systems. Electricity is generated and delivered to the Vertical Farming facility. Any electricity not used is stored in batteries, particularly during times when the market price for electricity is low. Better to store the electricity and sell it to the grid when the price is higher, a strategy called 'Arbitrage'.
Our installation and equipment partner is Sananbio, a company invested in by Sanan Optoelectronics, the world's largest LED chip manufacturers. Features of the Vertical Farming units are as follows:
- Modularized multi-layer industrial design
- Hydropower integration combing only 3 standard interfaces, which are hot water/nutrient supply, drainage and electricity supply.
- Flexible DIY customization of different height and layers of single set of equipment.
- Main part of the equipment adopts food-grade nonmetallic material, it is moistureproof, anticorrosive, compressive, no deformation, anti-ultraviolet.
- Adopt IP65 protection class luminaries, aviation water-proof joints, ensure safety
- Rapid assembly of equipment with no specific tools required for installation, stackable, only two persons are needed for installation in 30 minutes. See video below.